Today, our team is learning from Dave Ramsey and the Ramsey Solutions Team through the EntreLeadership 1-Day Conference.
It is going to be a great day of learning for our team members, and we wanted to share some of our notes with you! So, follow along with our blogs today as we live-blog some of our favorite quotes from each of today's sessions!
Before we get into the content, we wanted to share a free resource with you that will enhance the content we are sharing today. In Breaking the Next Growth Barrier, we dive into 10 things pastors and church leaders can do to implement healthy growth in their churches. To download your free copy, click HERE.
In Session Three, Certified Business Coach and Best-Selling Author of Business Boutique, Christy Wright, taught on, "Goals That Get It Done" and we want to share three of her seven steps to stick with your goals.
Goals Are Different
Goals are what get you to the FINISH LINE.
Goals need to be specific, be MEASURABLE, and have a limit.
Goals are all about ACTION. They answer the question, "What are you going to do about it?"
A dream says, "I want." A goal says, "I will."
The Entrepreneur's Problem With Goals
The problem isn't the new; the problem is in the follow-through.
Satisfaction lies in sticking with it.
3 (of 7) Steps to Stick With Your Goals
- Set goals YOU want to achieve.
- You need to want them bad enough and be willing to work hard enough.
- If you don't start with the end in mind, you'll wake up one day and realize you crossed someone else's finish line.
- Prioritize your TIME.
- There are seven days in a week and someday isn't one of them.
- There's nothing magical about starting on Monday. The magic lies in the time between the start day and the finish line.
- Take the FIRST STEP.
- Trick your mind with your ACTIONS.
- Taking action decreases the feeling of being overwhelmed and increases the likelihood of follow-through.
Christy shared here seven steps then made the point that winning happens behind the scenes.
She shared one of our favorite John Maxwell quotes, "Champions don't become champions in the ring; they are merely recognized there."
She concluded by saying, "It's the small things behind the scenes that no one sees that lead to the big things everyone wants."
To hear more from Christy Wright, buy her book Business Boutique and follow her blog and podcast!
To register for the fall edition of EntreLeadership 1-Day, click HERE.